A while ago

A while ago
A selfie

Wednesday 29 October 2014

A short selection

Blogging

The murmuring in the corner of this random telecomms office about standby buttons and Canadian batteries, as I sit in my own corner feigning Receptionist status, has forced me to start a blog. Chiefly as a coping mechanism, perhaps subordinately as a realisation of something I had been considering for a few or several days. 

Politics

I got really into Occupy Democracy protests last week, as I had never been kettled by a baying police mob before and so thought I'd give it a go.

It was so sick. In the traditional sense of the word.  I feel that even the baying X Factor mob (my favourite mob) would have placed less pressure on my nerve endings. And I really mean that, they do seem benign in comparison.

Here are some of my other political views:




Humans

We're like a pack of cards, aren't we? Stack us up and each card shifts out of place, contradiction on top of contradiction! i.e. I bought a coffee from Starbucks the other day, but I hate tax evasion!  i.e. I'm a feminist but I love catcalling! (Other fit-ass lads, ooh wan get me some of that sweet ass.)  i.e. I was born an only child but now celebrate my birthday and other holidays with two brothers?!

Just a pack of cards.  Shuffling and shifting, dealing out loads of shit.

caption: A deck of cards, unable to sit up nicely with straight sides due to all of its inherent and laminated contradictions.


No comments:

Post a Comment